Become a Leaf & Clay Guest Blogger!
The Leaf & Clay Blog exists to educate the community on all things succulent and cacti related.
If you have insight or experience pertaining to succulent care, DIY projects, ceramics (pots and containers), or other related information, please submit your article here to be featured as a guest blogger on the official Leaf & Clay Blog.
Guest Blogger Submission Requirements
Your content must:
- Be about succulents and/or ceramics and should be of an inspiring, positive, or educational nature.
- Be your own original work. Plagiarism is not permitted. When quoting others, please cite your sources accordingly.
- Be factual. You have done reasonable research to confirm its accuracy.
- Content cannot be unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, profane, obscene, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, embarrassing, harmful to minors, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable to any other person or entity.
- Content cannot solicit for any purpose or be of commercial nature.
- Be between 600-1500 words. In rare cases, shorter/longer posts may be allowed in our sole discretion if the topic warrants.
- Include at least one feature image (see below for details). One image is the minimum requirement, but we encourage you to use 2-3 images per post. For DIY posts, a photo will be required for each step of the process.
- Preferably never have been published on your site or elsewhere. Google frowns upon duplicate content and will punish all parties involved with reduced search rankings.
- Content must be written in English.
Images & Video
We welcome images and/or video to accompany guest posts. We want Leaf & Clay Blog readers to derive as much value from the blog as possible, which means including graphic content in support of your written work. Your images must:
- Be directly relevant to the post content.
- Be your own or you must have the right to use the images and/or video and allow us to use them.
- If you’re including pictures of people, you must ensure that you have their permission to use them.
- Be a .jpg, .gif or .png file and meet our size/quality requirements:
- Feature image (Required): width of 1000px and a height of 450px.
- Content images (Optional): minimum width of 1000px.
- We may modify photo sizes and resolution at our sole discretion.
- Total film length should be between 1 and 4 minutes, including credits.
- All languages are accepted. Non-English language films must be subtitled in English.
We are pleased to give you credit as the author of your post. Your byline will be displayed at the bottom of the page below your guest post.
- We allow one link in your byline to your own blog, social media account or website. The link may not be an affiliate link or point to an affiliate site, such as a different cause or website other than your own blog. Leaf & Clay may add its own internal links without your permission.
- We don’t allow links to your site within the post content unless it is directly related to the blog post topic.
- All links must be approved by Leaf & Clay.
- All search engine optimization (“SEO”) information, such as anchor text or alt tags, will be reviewed and subject to inclusion at our sole discretion.
- Always have links open in a new tab, please.
- Excessive links or any links that appear commercial will be removed. We reserve the right to remove any link including your byline in our sole discretion.
Social Media Post
We want your post to be seen by as many people as possible.
- With your blog submission, you must include a separate social media post for us to post on Instagram or Facebook that refers and will link to your blog post. The post you provide to us must be substantially different than any post to your or any third party’s social media account. Please keep your post text short (3-4 sentences) and include a call to action (for example, a question that provokes responses and discussion from the audience).
- We may edit your post to fit our style or tone.
- Please be available to monitor and answer any questions or comments on Instagram or Facebook after your post is published. You must maintain a professional and positive tone in your responses.
- If we use your guest post, you may promote it on your own website, Facebook, Twitter or other social media forums. Promoting does not mean you post the entire article on these forums. You may include a link to your guest post and a short sentence or two explaining what the article is about.
- Submit your post via e-mail here.
- Not all submissions will be selected for publication. We expect to receive more submissions than we are able to use. Additionally, we may reject submissions that don’t meet our guidelines or we otherwise feel are not a good fit with our blog.
- Please don’t contact us to request the status of your submission. If your piece is selected, we will try to provide you with notice at least one week before the date we intend to publish your blog post and social media post so that you are available to monitor and answer questions or comments on each post.
- We do not pay for submissions. If you decide to submit a post, you do so with the knowledge that you will not be entitled to any compensation for writing the post or for any other compensation related to the post.
- If your submission is accepted, we may require edits if we feel they are necessary to ensure that the Leaf & Clay Blog stays congruous with our values and tone.
- We may add our own images/video if we feel they will help improve the post. This does not give you the right to use to those images/video.
- All submissions must be reviewed and approved by us prior to publication